T&T: Query from David Leiws re. grey smoke

djlewis1 at eircom.net djlewis1 at eircom.net
Fri Apr 6 07:01:14 EDT 2007

For family reasons my 1979 C&L 44 has been unused during 2006, but I am now
getting back to boating.  Her engines are 120 Ford Lehmans.  When I fired
them up two days ago and let them settle down, they continued to produce
more than normal amounts of grey exhaust smoke - this was not their previous
pre-layup behaviour.
Any ideas as to what might be the cause(s) and more importantly remedies.

Advice awaited with baited breath (or should that be baited axhaust!)

David Lewis