T&T: Fw: Another new "Fast Trawler" ?

Carl H. Martin chmartin at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 30 08:03:13 EDT 2007

Try this link:
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/29/Pasco/Proof_is_this_man_s_p.shtml
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl H. Martin" <chmartin at tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Trawlers & Trawlering" <trawlers-and-trawlering at lists.samurai.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:12 PM
Subject: T&T: Another new "Fast Trawler" ?

An article in the St Pete Times today about a local boat builder who is
having
a hard time selling his boats.  It's a 21' flats boat that resembles a
Carolina Skiff but with a more pronounced sheer & about 1/2 the freeboard.
He's decided to get a little publicity by motoring this boat about 1400
miles
from Atlantic Beach, FL to Bermuda & then to New York with no accompanying
boat.  And the best part is he's on a schedule!  He & his brother are
leaving
Florida tomorrow & they plan to be in New York by friday.  "We're making a
clear statement that we trust this boat to be seaworthy".

He's making a clear statement alright but I'm not sure that's it.  He says
if
they get into trouble they'll just hold on & wait for the Coast Guard to
come
get them.

I thought about naming this thread, "Proof of Natural Selection".

Regards,
Carl Martin
Scout 30
Hudson Beach, FL