T&T: Mobile WiFI Router Recommendations

Frank Burrows frank at frankburrows.com
Thu Jul 4 10:36:20 EDT 2019

Steve:

Lots of solutions out there. Most are based on the same radio, an
Ubiquity Bullet. You can google these and find tons of them for under
$100. The big advantage of the Bullet is that it is directly connected
to the antenna. I discovered that no matter what cable you use between
the radio and the antenna the signal loss was huge even with a short
distance. If you don't mind spending a bunch of time googling how to set
up and use the Bullet then this is a good choice. If you want more user
friendly software and the ability to get support and possibly a better
mounting solution then the products like the RedPort Halo, RogueWave or
Shakespeare WebWhip make more sense. But they all use the same radio.

I really like the steel case that comes with the Wave Rogue Pro because
it allows you to mount the radio with a standard marine mount. We also
use a Verizon MiFi hotspot when wifi is not available. There is a
website named pambo.com that specializes in electronics for boats and
there are lots of reviews and info there.

Frank Burrows    79 43' Viking   Piney Narrows  Chesapeake Bay