T&T: Mobile WiFi recommendations

Richard nwboater at whidbey.net
Thu Jul 4 12:40:05 EDT 2019

Steve,

Over the years I’ve tried several WiFi devices. The problem is finding “open” networks to connect to and with enough signal strength to make it worthwhile. Our simple solution has been to use a dedicated cellular “hotspot” (We use the Verizon Mifi JetPack). It works wherever there is cell service and can support multiple devices at the same time. Since we have an unlimited data plan there is no worry about exceeding limits. This service has worked for us in S.E. Alaska and even in relatively remote coastal areas of B.C. Good luck!