T&T: Mobile WiFi

Bob McLeran Bob at MVSanderling.net
Fri Jul 5 07:55:35 EDT 2019

There are a number of options, including getting a MiFi device from your
cell phone provider (AT&T in your case). My wife has one from AT&T and
thinks it is great - she even has it in England with her now during a
short vacation so she can connect her laptop/tablet if she wants. I know
Verizon has them, also. Downside is that you get to pay for another cell
connection. Upside is that they're generally faster than using your
phone as a hot spot and it simply stays connected to the internet via
cell towers all the time - nothing to bring online other than making a
connection to it via WiFi on your computer, tablet, or other WiFi
enabled device.

There are also devices available from non-cell companies, but you still
get to pay for another cell connection through a cell providers.
Cradlepoint is one such company that I'm familiar with.We used a
Cradlepoint device for a number of years before switching to the AT&T
provided MiFi. Google "MiFi device" and you'll find a lot of options.

Bob McLeran and Judy Young Manatee Cove Marina
MV Sanderling Patrick Air Force Base
DeFever 41 Trawler for sale Melbourne, Florida
Blog: http://mvsanderling.net/Blog
Web: http://cruising.mvsanderling.net/