T&T: dual hose portable air conditioner

Jim Gano jim_gano at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 09:23:23 EDT 2019

I got my 14000 BTU dual hose portable air conditioner and installed it in the salon yesterday.... I will only be using the unit while my 42 foot trawler is not cruising (i. e.. while it will be sitting in the open sun on the hot/humid Florida gulf coast)...

The intake/exhaust hoses are fitting flush to a window opening vertically.  I am concerned driving rain may enter the ducting... I am considering getting some large PVC elbows to try to redirect intake and exhaust such that rain will not enter...

Anyone else have concerns/problems with rain backing up into the ducts?

Jim Gano