T&T: Washers and Contact Cement

Rudy Sechez rudysechez at gmail.com
Sun May 3 14:59:39 EDT 2020

... why use not simply use grease to hold the washers in place?
I often do, but in this case, I don't have a glue gun and I wanted the
washers to remain in place, no slipping, even when the pump is removed in
the future. With contact cement, tightening down the fasteners would allow
the washers to adhere even better, since the sleeve, which is actually a
compression post pushes against the washers that I wanted to keep in place.
But the short answer is that it's what I had onboard. It's good to see that
you guys are reading this stuff.

*Rudy & Jill Sechez *
*BRINEY BUG-a 34' Sail-Assisted Trawler   *
*Anchoring Consultants-trawlertrainingabc.com*
*850-832-7748 *
*Georgetown SC Northbound-Chesapeake*