T&T: water pump seal replacement

Richard P rpackard43 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:12:34 EDT 2020

The raw water pump om Lilliana developed a small leak after five years. i
assume it is the main seal that needs to be replaced.  In the past I have
sent pumps to depco for rebuild. In each case they dismantle it and tell me
I need a new pump (for ~$650.

Can anyone suggest another business that does raw water pump rebuilds? I
don’t want to use a local mechanic because I have found in general that
their experience is spotty.

The pump is a jabs, made especially for perkins/sabre engines; that
prevents someone from finding an aftermarket equivalent..  Perkins does
that on lots of common parts.. eg the starter motor.
Richard

--
Richard Packard
Professor Emeritus