T&T: Depco and pump rebuilding

Randy Pickelmann rwp_48 at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 19:04:31 EDT 2020

I lived in Clearwater for over 50 years and counted myself lucky to be so close to DEPCO. I called them one day to enquire about parts to overhaul a pump. After quoting me the parts cost the guy suggested that I just let them do the rebuild. I opted for that, dropped the pump off one day and picked it up the next. I think I paid less than $50 for the labor. When you have techs that have the tools and parts at their fingertips it goes pretty quick...especially when you do it all day, every day.
Another time I went in to pick up a rebuilt pump and saw they didn’t charge me for any labor. When I brought it to the service tech’s attention his reply was that he had never seen a pump like that and had to spend time figuring it all out and he couldn’t in good conscience charge me labor since he was learning!
When have you ever heard something like that!?

Regards,
Randy Pickelmann

Sent from my iPad